Level: Basic to Intermediate
Next Class: 4 to 7 August 2020
If you are an experienced editor, using Adobe Premiere, Avid or Final Cut Pro but are new to editing on DaVinci Resolve, this is the class for you. This class is designed for editors who are considering using DaVinci Resolve as their main editor, while touching on basic feature sets of the other modules within DaVinci Resolve, ie. Color, Fusion and Fairlight.
This course combines hands-on exercises and practical tutorial to help you discover new techniques for whatever editing tasks you take on. You will learn new editing functions, trimming styles and multilayered timeline capabilities.
You will also learn about audio editing and mixing in Fairlight, basic correction in Color and creating graphics in Fusion to enhance your projects.
This class is based on Blackmagic Design training courseware and prepares participants for BMD certified online exams. The online exams are not included in this course, attendees may take them at their own time.
You Will Learn
- Starting a project
- Organising a New Project
- Assembling a rough cut
- Navigating in your timeline
- Refining your timeline
- Applying Transitions and Effects
- Working with Audio on Edit Page
- Managing Dailies and Edit Prep
- Cutting a Dialogue Scene
- Making a Radio Edit
- Editing an Action Scene
- Editing Multicamera
- Basic Color Correction
- Creating Graphics in Fusion
- Basic Audio Mixing in Fairlight
- Delivering your project for various format
- Managing Media and Database
Yuki Ariandi, trainer with the International Colorist Academy.
- Former adjunct lecturer at New York University’s Tisch School Of The Arts Asia and LaSalle College of The Arts Singapore
- Conducts workshops and training on editing and color grading with the Avid Media Composer and Avid Symphony for professional users.
Certificates & Materials
All students receive a Media ASYLUM certificate, selected media, and PDF tutorials. As an option, participants may take the online DaVinci Resolve certification on their own.
Participants may, at their own time and discretion, gain certification from Blackmagic Design by taking an Online Exam which can be found on their website. This class is based on the course material and outline provided by Blackmagic Design to prepare for these online exams.