Next Class: 12 to 15 October 2021
If you are new to DaVinci Resolve and to the concept of color grading, this is the class for you.
It’s a great platform into the world of color grading, introducing basic skills and color workflows to anyone familar with the production and post production process.
This class is based on Blackmagic Design training courseware and prepares participants for BMD certified online exams. The online exams are not included in this course, attendees may take them at their own time.
You will learn
You will learn how to use the program’s many grading tools and workflows, and gain an in-depth understanding of advanced techniques and creative industry practices. Some exercises will even take you into the realm of compositing, which is an increasingly requested skill of contemporary colorists.
- Introduction and Overview
- Primary Color Corrections
- Secondary Adjustments
- Creative Looks
- Balancing your Footage
- Creating Color Continuity
- Correcting and Enhancing Isolated Areas
- Conforming and preparing your timeline
- Mastering Node Pipeline
- Managing Grades Across Clips and Timelines
- Adjusting Image Properties
- Using Groups in the Grading Workflow
- Setting Up RAW Projects
- Delivering your projects
Yuki Ariandi, trainer with the International Colorist Academy.
- Former adjunct lecturer at New York University’s Tisch School Of The Arts Asia and LaSalle College of The Arts Singapore
- Conducts workshops and training on editing and color grading with the Avid Media Composer and Avid Symphony for professional users.
Certificates & Materials
All students receive a Media ASYLUM certificate, selected media and PDF tutorials.
Participants may, at their own time and discretion, gain certification from Blackmagic Design by taking an Online Exam which can be found on their website. This class is based on the course material and outline provided by Blackmagic Design to prepare for these online exams.
Find out more about customising this course for your organisation